Saturday, November 27, 2010

No vacation for me!

So yes, it was Thanksgiving weekend.  And I have had LOTS of fun. But sleep?  No, almost none of that! I find it hard to "take time off" from my job.  I just love it so much and it really doesn't feel like work.  Plus, in this economy, if I have the opportunity to make money, you better believe I am going to do it!  


So while Thursday was full of arts and crafts, cooking with the kids, family photos and the movie "Tangled" with the family, the rest of the weekend has involved a lot of work.  On Friday I had a photo shoot with an amazing set of sisters and their families.... all 21 of them.  Yes, you read that right... 21 people with 13 kids ranging from moody teenagers to a 3 month old.  I was nervous!  The sisters were great...their only request was to get everyone looking at the camera and no one blinking.  But still... 21 people!  


In the end, there was no reason to be nervous!  Second shooter, Cherylyn, and I commented later on how well behaved the kids were.  Less than 2 hours after we began we were done with all the individual photos, group photos, individual family photos and couple photos.  Done!  In less than two hours!  What a feat.  


It was lots of fun.  And after spending 5 hours up late editing so they could see their work before they left to head back out of town, I am happy with the results.  So time to relax right?  Nope, had another photo shoot today and have to get to editing that as well.  Oh, and the school photos need packaged, and the orders from this week need to be placed, and I cant forget about tomorrow... you get the idea!


Enjoy the Mitchell Family!  Thanks so much Amanda, Michelle, Kristie and Beth for trusting me with your family portraits!   You can see their full gallery at www.devonshanorphotography.com 














1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!
    I had so much fun shooting with you again! yay!
    :]

    ReplyDelete