Monday, April 25, 2011

Creative Headshots

I met Vanessa a few months ago when I shot her fathers 70th birthday party.  Instantly I knew she is the kind of woman I could be friends with!  She contacted me with the request for some portraits to be used for business cards and social networking.  However, she was scared silly about being in front of the camera!  Here's some of what she wrote...

"You should probably know that I panic in front of cameras. I panic because I'm not very photogenic, and I'm not very photogenic because I panic.  I hate posing. Freezing a smile is the kiss of death for my photos. I start feeling stupid immediately, and the camera picks it right up.  I think maybe a glass of wine beforehand...and I will bring along my sis to help make me laugh."

Her sister did come and we all had a great time.  Plus, we got some amazing shots!  










 Vanessa, you are beautiful inside and out and I am glad I got the  chance to photograph you!  

What did Vanessa think of the day?  A few days after the shoot she wrote me to say...

"Unbelievably, I have good memories of Sunday. That could ONLY be because of you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment