Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring break + 600 miles + Virginia Beach= Amazing Senior Portraits



About six months ago, I had a young lady contact me about how much she loved my photography and wanted me to do her senior pictures.  Only down side, she was in Ohio.  She said she was going to try and schedule her spring break in Virginia Beach so we could do her portraits.  I said that would be great and to just keep me informed of her plans.  A few months go by and I get an e-mail saying she did it!  She convinced mom and dad to let her come down so I could be her photographer.


I have to say, that is an honor.  Having someone cherish your work enough to drive 600 miles, stay two nights and then drive 600 miles back home.  I was honored... and nervous!  The pressure was on to make this a fabulous shoot.



The big day arrives and I check the weather... rain and thunderstorms starting early evening.  NO!  That is when we are shooting.  So we move it up a bit- the clouds should help lesson the harsh mid-day light.  We end up getting through almost the entire shoot before the skies open it and we make it back to our cars just in time!  


The end result was a very happy senior 
and a happy mom too.  
"It was so worth the long drive.  I absolutely LOVE my pictures.  You did a great job."    





 And those words, make for a very happy 
photographer as well.  














1 comment:

  1. What a great story! How did she find you? My favorite picture is of your senior (full body shoot) in the blue dress, with her back against the pier and the ocean in the background. I love the contrast of the blue dress against the green/blue of the water. It's something she'd never get in Ohio. Sometimes you just can't fake the background. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete